Welcome to all to the new school year. My name is Sam Prodonovich, Principal at East Waikiki, and I am looking forward to continuing the tradition of delivering excellent education at East Waikiki Primary School. I would like to begin by thanking all of the staff at East Waikiki for making me feel so welcome and for the work they have done preparing our school for an exciting new year.
I understand there is some anxiety in our community about Covid and Schools re-opening. Please read the following information and if you have any questions, please see the information posters now up around the school or contact us at the front office.
We’re getting ready for school starting on Monday and look forward to welcoming back our students to face-to face learning. The safety and wellbeing of students, staff and families is our top priority.
What you need to know:
- schools will be open for face-to-face learning
- all school staff will be fully vaccinated
- visitors will need to show proof of vaccination when required (see graphic below).
Here’s how the Department of Education is keeping our school safe:
- Mask supplies for staff and students.
- Increased ventilation in all classrooms. Use of fresh air and well-ventilated spaces where possible. Air filtration systems will be provided where required.
- Students and staff will stay home when sick.
- Avoid unnecessary physical contact.
- Enhanced cleaning services and supplies.
- Adequate soap and hand sanitiser.
Enjoy the weekend and I look forward to meeting you as the term progresses.