Kaya (hello) parents and carers,
At East Waikiki one of our favourite parts of the year is meeting with you to discuss your child’s start to the year.
As current restrictions prevent in-person meetings, we will be conducting phone interviews.
This will take place on Tuesday, 29th of March, 2022 and requires an early close for PP – Year 6 students. This early close has been endorsed by our School Council and our Regional Director of Education.
- School will close early at 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday 29th March, 2022.
- Staff will begin phone interviews from 12:45p.m. and these will run until 4:45p.m.
- Interviews will run for 8-10 minutes and will focus on literacy, numeracy and social development.
- Longer interviews can be booked for another time.
- Kindy will still run until 2:30p.m. but parents can take their child home at 12:30p.m. if they are collecting siblings.
- Kindy interviews will be done in Term 2.
- Parents are invited to contact the school if they are having difficulty making alternative arrangements for their child.
Parents have received notice about how they can book their interview time with their child’s teacher. We will do our best to keep to the schedule but please have time available before and after your appointment to help us with changes on the day.
We currently have quite a few cases of COVID-19 in our school and I sincerely appreciate the support from our staff and families in managing this. It is amazing how people are coming together to get through this. If you have any questions about our response or any of the operational guidelines (e.g. close contact definitions, infectious periods, return dates), please give us a call and we will do our best to answer them.
Yanga (thanks) and stay safe and well, Sam Prodonovich