Connect is an integrated online environment developed by the Department of Education WA for staff, students and parents in public schools. Check out the short video clip on Connect.
How will Parents access Connect?
Each parent will be given their own secure login to Connect. Connect is totally free and, because it is provided by the Department of Education, very safe. As well as being able to login and see their children’s Connect Classes on any internet-enabled device, parents may also receive notices from Connect that will be sent to them as either an email or a notification on their phone. A free app called Connect Now can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store and will let parents receive Connect notices as push notifications.
If parents have multiple children, they only need one login – even if their children attend different public schools. When logging in to Connect parents will be able to see information specific to their own child/ren such as:
- the classes in which their children are engaged
- class calendars
- week by week attendance information
- assessment outlines information drawn from Reporting to Parents
- assessments and evidence for their child
- notices from classes that automatically generate an email notification to the parents.
Connect Conditions of Use for Parents
Only parents or responsible persons as defined in the School Education Act 1999 and verified by the school will be given access to Connect.
Any person/s signing up for the service understands his/her responsibility for keeping the service access details (username and password) confidential.
The Department of Education does not accept responsibility for any event arising from unauthorised access or use of Connect.
Parents agree to use Connect in accordance with Department of Education’s policies regarding Appropriate Use of Online Services. These policies can be accessed from the Connect Sign In screen. Parents are required to accept that they have read and understood these policies before access to Connect is provided.
Limits of the Service
The Department of Education provides Connect as an online service for teachers, students, parents and Department staff. Connect is a communication channel that schools may use to communicate with parents/guardians on matters impacting student education. The Department of Education does not undertake to provide all student-related information via Connect.
When using Connect, Parents agree that:
- The information contained in Connect is personal and private information.
- The parent username and password is only shared between the child’s legal parents or guardians.
- They will not interfere with network security, the data of another user, or attempt to log into the network with a username and/or password of another user.
- If they become aware of unauthorised access to my parent account they will immediately inform the school.
- They consent to the logging, monitoring, auditing and disclosure of their use of Connect by the Department of Education.
- Any breach of these conditions for which they are responsible may result in their access to Connect being suspended or revoked.
- They agree to use Connect in accordance with Department of Education’s policies regarding Appropriate Use of Online Services. These policies can be accessed from the Connect Login
You will confidentially be issued with your unique user name and password for Connect via email with your login details towards the end of this term. We hope that you enjoy the Connect experience and see it as a useful way for you to stay connected with your child’s school journey.