Our School Vision
A vibrant community where Everyone Works together to reach their Potential and Succeed.
At East Waikiki Primary School our:
- Wholistic approach provides a quality education with high expectations
- Envioronment is caring, inclusive and stimulating within a dynamic school community
At East Waikiki Primary School our students will be:
- Literate and numerate
- Critical-thinkers and problem solvers
- Prepared for innovation and future change
- Confident, resilient, life-long learners
- Goal Setters
- Productive citizens with 21st Century Skills
Teaching and Learning Beliefs
At East Waikiki Primary School, we believe children learn best when:
- Learning is connected to prior knowledge and is varied and purposeful
- They feel valued, safe and respected
- Positive relationships exist between students, carers, community and school staff
- Everyone is treated fairly and has a shared understanding of expectations and boundaries
- Learning differences are respected, their strengths developed, weaknesses improved and they achieve success
- They are challenged and stimulated
East Waikiki Primary recognises the importance of developing partnerships with the students, staff and school community. We perceive our relationship with parents and care givers as being part of a team supporting our mission and core beliefs. Parent involvement is welcomed. This is encouraged by requesting:
- Help with the implementation of a range of programs.
- Participation in the school decision making process through the P&C and School Council.
- Support for the ongoing development of school resources.
Socio-Economic and Cultural Demographics
East Waikiki PS has students from a diverse range of cultures and countries including India, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, South Africa, Ireland, New Zealand and Nepal. The majority of our students are from an English speaking background. A large percentage of students come from homes with low socio-economic background, many single parent families and a high level of transience. Indigenous students enrolled at EWPS currently total 13% of the school population.